Sunday, January 20, 2008

A new Dawn And A New Challenge

Ok, this blog is beginning to get boring to be honest. I dont have the same motivation to keep it going, largely because the results havent been impressive. Anyway to recap im doing this fulltime now for the past 2 months and people must be laughing themseleves silly thinking im play 100nl for a living.

I was deluded by what looks like a hot streak i hit in Oct/Nov and taught i would be fine but my expectations were too high, that seems a long time ago now but im still learning the game and it was only just over a year ago that i didnt even know which was the better hand a four of a kind or a straight so ive come a long way.

Although it also seems clear now that over the last 6 months im a losing player not including rake and possibly even a losing player with rake but i think where im at now in my game i think im good enough to be a winning player at 100nl or 200nl and i do think although alot of my losses are down to playing bad/tilting that i certainly havent been having a hot streak since Mid November so i think im sliightly under-represented but only time will tell on that.

So i think a fresh challenge is in order, i had previously said im happy to plug away at 100nl until i clear some loans and bills and then make a break for 200nl. Since its obvious now that playing 100nl and withdrawing life expenses is going to make this a dreadfully slow and painstaking ordeal ive decided im going to commit to working on increasing my bankroll as soon as possible so i can move up.

I dont think i can continue in the medium term to play 100nl as a fulltime job and i really want to continue playing poker full time so i need to move up for the extra financial gain, then i will be in a better position to clear loand and bills quicker.

So heres the plan. Im back playing 6 tables now, i felt 4 was too slow for me and i can still play well 6tabling and using HM to get the most of stats. So i figure i can put in an average of 7k hands a week. Im setting myself a target of approx 4bb/100 and if i cant achieve that then it dosent matter i shouldnt be at 200nl.

My Current Bankroll is about $2.3k which has obviously been dented over the last few weeks. I want to get to about 4k which will be 20 buyins for 200nl and ill take shots, if i lose 6-7 buyins ill drop and rebuild to 4k again and retry.

So where before i was basically paying bills and leaving myself with 20-25 buyins bankroll for 100nl now i will withdraw the minimum i need and leave the rest for my bankroll.

So if i achieve approx 4bb/100 then i should be taking in $300 + $200 rakeback, if i can stick away 1/2 of that every week i should have enough to take shots in about 7 weeks hopefully sooner. So by Month 11 Week 1 i should be reporting on 200nl stats.

1 comment:

Panic said...

I wonder what you are doing to improve your game.
When I read your blog it seems full of posts where you tell that you had another losing week. Playing 9 tables and nitting it up is imho bad if your game is not great yet. You could better take some time 2 tabling or so, or reviewing sessions in depth, than 9 tabling like a bot.

Just my 2 cents